How to Apply North-West University (NWU) Application Online 2022-2023
How to Apply North-West University (NWU) Application Online 2022-2023: The NWU is ranked seventh in the country and is in the top 4,7% of the best universities in the world.
At the beginning of every year, thousands of students across the country can be found scrambling for space at various institutions of higher learning.
The university receives a large number of applications on an annual basis, and prospective students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to ensure that their applications are evaluated and considered for study in 2022.
Applying on time when applications open in the previous year can help students and parents avoid this unnecessary stress.
How to apply North-West University (NWU) Application online 2022
- Get a student number (Go to step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the new online application platform
- Click on ‘New application’
- Click on ‘Create new student number’ and complete all the fields
- Log in
- Choose what you want to study
- Find information on courses, admission requirements, etc here
- Upload supporting documentsIn order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the University:
- Grade 12 results, grade 11 results (final results only) or a copy of your matric certificate – if you have already passed matric.
- Applicants who are currently upgrading their grade 12 results, will only be considered after the improved results are presented to the NWU.
- Applicants who follow Cambridge, GED or any other non-NSC curriculum, or who may qualify for exemption based on advanced age or post-school qualifications, must provide an exemption certificate as issued by USAF.
- Completed undertaking
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of your academic record (if applicable).
- Additional documents for international prospective students:
- A copy of relevant results
- A copy of your passport
- More information on payable fees
- Submit application
Please make sure that you press the Submit Application button when you have finished ensuring that we receive your application.
- Non-selection courses: 30 September 2022
- Music: 31 August 2022 – Also apply for an audition before the closing date
- Graphic Design: 31 August 2022
- Engineering: 30 September 2022
- Occupational Hygiene: 30 September 2022
- Urban and Regional planning: 30 September 2022
- Pharmacy: 31 July 2022
- All other selection courses: 31 July 2022
How to Start the Application?
Certain forms must be uploaded during the application process. To help you with the application process, you can first download and complete the documents before starting the process.
Is NWU still open for 2022 applications?
Online applications to study at the NWU in 2022/2023 have been open since 15 April 2022. Selection courses will close on the 31st July 2022. Nonselection courses will close on 30 September 2022.
Does NWU pay Application fee?
The relevant application fee should accompany all applications: South African students: Application is totally free. International students: R550 upon application.
What is needed to apply at NWU?
Grade 12 results, Grade 11 results (final results only), or a copy of your matric certificate – if you have already passed matric.
How much is NWU 2022 registration?
The North-West University (NWU) Registration Fee for 2022 is between R100 to R300. Following NWU registration, Students must pay the registration fee before applying to the North-West University.
NWU Contact details for help/information
018 299 4044
- How do I fill out a NWU application?
- What does waiting for approval mean at NWU?
- How do I get my NWU student number?
- Does NWU have second semester?
- How do I pay my NWU application fee?
- Can I change a course at NWU?