NSFAS 2022 Funding Decision For TUT Students
The Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) has noted and fully comprehends the frustration experienced by all students, who have not yet received notifications of the outcome of their funding applications from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
We wish to inform students, that the University is working closely with NSFAS in order to resolve this matter as quickly as possible, seeing that the academic year is about to begin in earnest.
All the interactions between NSFAS and the University are governed by the provisions contained in a jointly signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The purpose of this memorandum is to ensure, amongst other things, that students receive correct and timely assistance in line with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) eligibility criteria. (For more information, please visit the TUT Website at https://www.tut.ac.za/bursaries-and-loans/about).
Please take note of the following important information:
1. First-time entering NSFAS applicants
- NSFAS has provided the University feedback on students who qualify and
the blocks have been removed for these students.
- Students have received SMSs on the NSFAS outcome and were reminded
- Please note that students who have changed their contact details, should
update the new information on the TUT ITS system urgently.
- Also, please report to your nearest Campus Financial Aid Office (FAO) or
send an email to check your funding status. (Email addresses are
- Students, who have applied for NSFAS and have not received feedback,
are advised to send an email to their specific campus or go to the nearest
Financial Aid Office for further assistance.
2. Returning NSFAS students
- Please note that consultations have been ongoing with NSFAS regarding
the funded list of our returning students.
- Additionally, examination results, including those for supplementary exams, have been shared with NSFAS, after publication.
- NSFAS has committed to releasing the funded list of all our returning students urgently.
3. FAO contact details
- The FAO staff are always available to assist students with online queries.
Herewith is a link to the Online Student Query Application form to assist
you after registration. https://k2app.tut.ac.za/Runtime/Runtime/Form/frmHomePage/
- Please take note of the list of FAOs on each campus contained in the table below:
Campus Email Address
- How to Download NSFAS Application Form 2022 PDF
- How to Apply For NSFAS 2022/2023 -myNSFAS Online Application
- How to Re-Register /Create Your NSFAS Profile – myNSFAS Account