NSFAS Allowance and Payment Date – 7th March 2022
NSFAS Allowance and Payment Date – 7th March 2022: NSFAS has announced 7th March 2022 to be the release date for NSFAS allowances for 2022.
All students who applied for the 2022 NSFAS Allowance are urged to take note of the following important information.
- All students already confirmed for NSFAS funding and registered for legible courses will receive their allowances from the week of 7 March 2022.
- An allowance of R15 000 per annum will be split into 10 months. This will make up a value of R1500 per month to be released on the first day of each month.
- Once uploaded onto the system, students will receive an SMS to update their banking details on the FUNDI system.
- The living allowance amount will be transferred to the students’ individual bank accounts.
- Returning students who were funded in 2021 and confirmed for 2022 will automatically receive their learning material.
- First time entering students and returning students not funded in 2021 will have to complete an option form before learning material allowance is This is to comply with the guideline saying ‘A student who is receiving financial aid from NSFAS for the first time is required to purchase a digital learning device in that year of study if the student is not in possession of a digital learning device already’.
- The form will be available at Financial Aid Offices (FAO) across campuses, for completion by this group. Students may email the form back to the campus where they registered.
- An amount of R5200 for learning material is approved by NSFAS for the 2022 academic year.
- The closing date for submission of the learning material application form will be 31 March 2022.
nsfas news 24, blade nzimande latest news on nsfas, nsfas news about laptops.