Application is now open for South African students to apply for the Prestige Masters and Doctoral Scholarships. The scholarship details and other important information you need for a successful application are in this post.
SAINTS is calling on all brilliant students to take part in the ongoing full–cost Master and Doctoral scholarships in the Sciences and Engineering field.
The scholarship will take care of the research full cost in the following field of study:
• Basic nuclear physics (study of nuclear reactions, shapes and more),
• Applied nuclear physics (study of radiation effects on matter, environmental
radiation, accelerator mass spectrometry and more),
• Materials science (materials characterization),
• Nanoscience (new materials development),
• Radiobiology (studying effects of radiation on the body),
• Radiochemistry (development of novel radioisotopes for use in nuclear medicine and more), and
• Advanced control systems for accelerator components and detector instrumentation (Engineering, Computer science).
Prestige Masters and Doctoral Scholarships Requirements
Below are the requirements put in place by the scholarship board to select successful applicants. All applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Applicants must be above average in their academic record, especially for the degree before the one planned to be pursued in 2022,
- Must be a South African citizen,
- Must register at a South African University for full-time studies from 2022, and
- Must be supervised/co-supervised by a staff member at iThemba LABS for studies commencing in 2022.
How to apply
To apply for the [email protected] Prestige Masters and Doctoral Scholarships you will have to email the following documents in PDF file to [email protected] The documents are:
- Up-to-date CV;
- Full academic record;
- Degree/diploma certificates to date;
- Letter to indicate your selected research project, your motivation for selecting this project, your choice of institution to register for your studies, and your career goals;
- Your ID document;
- Two letters of support (one from your current or most recent lecturer/supervisor)
- Copies of any research publications/reports you have authored or co-authored, and
- Copies of your dissertation (MSc) or mini-dissertation (BSc (Hons) / BSc (Eng)).
The closing date for the application is 31 December 2021. Late submission will not be accepted.